Monday, December 19, 2011

Why to Study in New York

So, of all the places that you could go to study, why would anyone pick New York? Sure, it’s got a big city charm to it, but so does Riyadh, or Tokyo, or London, and they have the added benefit of being more civilized.

Why New York?

Because America is a very fascinating place. It captures the imagination of us who live in the rest of the world. But traveling all over the US is a complicated thing. You have many states, many cities, and large swathes of land. It would be possible to travel all over it, but it would take a long time, and I wasn’t interested in putting my studies on hold for mere travel.

I wanted to experience America in a microcosm - in a single place. New York City was that place. I could imagine nowhere else I would rather conduct my studies than here.

No comments:

Post a Comment